About the Journal
The Sulaimani Dental Journal is an official Open Access, Peer-Reviewed bi-annual journal (in June and December) published by the College of Dentistry/University of Sulaimani. Sulaimani Dental Journal is a multidisciplinary peer-reviewed scientific dental journal dedicated to the dissemination of new knowledge and information on all sciences relevant to dentistry, the oral cavity and associated structures in health and disease.
Peer Review Process
- The journal implements a "double blind peer review" process, ensuring the anonymity of both authors and reviewers.
- Manuscripts that fall outside the scope of the journal's focus will not be considered for review.
- Each paper will undergo evaluation by a minimum of two experts as recommended by the editorial board, with the option for Editors to seek additional reviews when necessary.
- Simultaneous submission of the same manuscript to multiple journals is strictly prohibited.
- All publication decisions are exclusively made by the Editor-in-Chief based on the evaluations provided by the referees.
- Confidentiality is upheld throughout the review process, and all submitted manuscripts are treated as confidential documents.
- We expect the Board of Reviewing Editors, Associate Editors, and reviewers to uphold the same level of confidentiality. Furthermore, individuals involved in the review process must disclose any conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships with the authors and recuse themselves from cases where such conflicts may hinder an objective evaluation.
- Our peer review process maintains strict confidentiality, and the identities of reviewers cannot be disclosed.
The Sulaimani Dental Journal is published by the College of Dentistry at the University of Sulaimani and released biannually in June and December. It is made available in both print and online formats, with the online version being released prior to the print edition.
Screening for plagiarism
Manuscripts submitted for publication in Sulaimani Dental Journal will be checked for plagiarism before being sent to editorial view. Sulaimani Dental Journal advise authors to avoid plagiarism and self-plagiarism. This occurs when the author copies a substantial amount of data and text of published work without properly citing it. Manuscripts with over 25% plagiarism will be rejected and the author’s institution will be informed. However, minor plagiarism scattered over the manuscript unintentionally happens frequently and Sulaimani Dental Journal editorium judge case by case on its merit. The corresponding author of a manuscript with plagiarism will be notified to revise the manuscript and resubmit it to be considered for publication.